- 27-28. Oct 2022, Online Live Seminar / Webinar
- Number of participants limited / small class
How does an electric machine work? How an electric motor constructed and what is the functionality of its subcomponents? The seminar covers the basic topics from electromechanical energy conversion to origination of magnetic noise in electrical machines. In the first part, the seminar goes through the basic physical laws of magnetic induction and generation of magnetic forces. Also the generating and calculation of rotating field will be covered. Based on this, the fundamentals of DC machines, salient and non-salient pole synchronous machines as well as permanent magnetic excited synchronous machines and induction machines are covered. Subsequently, the components of the drive train and the control of electrical machines are explained.
The seminar is designed for specialists and managers, engineers and technicians from all disciplines and fields who wish to acquire basic knowledge in the field of drive technology.
– Components and operation of lithium ion cells.
– Magnetic flux, Faraday and Ampere law
– Lorentz force, Maxwell stress tensor
– Calculation of electromagnetic circuits, permanent magnet materials, hysteresis loop, eddy currents
– Fundamentals of electrical machines, field distribution, torque, magnetic noise and vibrations
– DC machines, permanent magnet motors, universal motors
– Synchronous machines (salient and non-salient), permanent magnet machines, BLDC motor (EC motor)
– Induction machines
Schedule (central europe time)
09:00 – 09:15 Welcome and introduction
09:15 – 10:30 Basics of electrical engineering – Phasor diagram, equivalent circuits
10:30 – 10:45 Break
10:45 – 12:00 Law of Induction, magnetic equivalent circuit
12:00 – 13:00 Lunch break
13:00 – 14:45 Calculation of electromagnetic circuits, Lorentz force, Maxwell’s stress tensor
14:45 – 15:00 break
15:00 – 16:30 DC Machines
09:00 – 10:30 Rotating field theory, rotating field machines, winding topologies
10:30 – 10:45 Break
10:45 – 12:00 Salient pole and non-salient pole synchronous machines
12:00 – 13:00 Lunch
13:00 – 14:30 Permanent magnetic synchronous machine, BLDC (EC) motor
14:30 – 14:45 Break
14:45 – 16:15 Induction machines, Drive system components, field-oriented control
16:15 – 16:30 Final discussion
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Amir Ebrahimi
Institute for drive systems and power electronics – Leibniz University Hannover
999,- € (plus VAT if required by law)
Information and cancellation
The participation fee includes the seminar documents (PDF)
Cancellation is possible free of charge until 14 days before the start of the event.
You can name a substitute participant from your company/organization free of charge up to 1 day before the start of the event.
The number of participants is limited.