General Terms and Conditions (GTC) of Etech-Akademie GmbH for english events, webinars, seminars and conferences.
Status: January 2022
§1. Scope of application
(1) These General Terms and Conditions („GTC“) of Etech-Akademie GmbH („Etech-Akademie“), registered in the Commercial Register under HRB 767243 of the Stuttgart District Court, shall apply to all events (seminars, conferences, courses, webinars…) offered by Etech-Akademie. Insofar as individual provisions of these GTC do not contain any differentiation, the GTC shall apply to commercial customers, self-employed persons, freelancers and consumers („Customers“) to the same extent.
(2) Deviating, conflicting or supplementary GTC of the Customer shall not become part of the contract, even if we are aware of them, unless we have expressly agreed to their validity in writing.
(3) Individual agreements between Etech-Akademie and the customer shall in any case have priority over these General Terms and Conditions.
§2. Conclusion of contract and subject matter
(1) All contents on our website (www.etech-akademie.de) or on other advertising material of Etech-Akademie do not represent a binding offer of contract. Rather, they serve as an invitation to the customer to submit an offer to conclude a contract in the form of registration.
(2) The contract is concluded by your registration and our confirmation of registration.
(3) Our events have a limited number of participants. Registrations are considered in the order in which they are received.
(4) Registration for an event takes place online or by e-mail to email@example.com. Online registration is done via the registration form on the corresponding event page of the Etech-Akademie. After confirming the entered participant data by clicking on the button „Subscribe“, you register bindingly. Following your registration, you will receive an automatically generated email, that your data has been submitted. This does not constitute a declaration of acceptance of your contractual offer and merely serves to inform you that we have received your registration. Only with the sending of our written confirmation of registration (by email within fourteen days of receipt of your subscribtion) the contract between the customer and the Etech-Akadmie is concluded. The sending of an invoice is also considered as a confirmation of registration.
(5) Registration by e-mail is made informally by stating:
Event title, date, location
Salutation, first and last name of the customer,
Email address of the customer
Telephone number of the customer (optional)
Company name and address (billing address may differ)
Desired payment method (optional; bank transfer, credit card, Paypal)
After checking your registration data, you will receive an offer from Etech-Akademie by email. Only by your written acceptance of the offer (by email within the period specified in the offer), the contract between the customer and the Etech-Akademie is concluded.
(6) The contract is concluded exclusively in english.
(7) The text of the contract will not be stored by Etech-Akademie after the conclusion of the contract.
(8) If your registration cannot be considered due to reaching the maximum number of participants, we will inform you by e-mail.
(9) Details of the contract, especially the course and content of the events, are determined exclusively according to the representations on our website.
(10) The Etech-Akademie reserves the right to replace individual lecturers, speakers or event content with others of equal value for good cause. An important reason exists e.g. in case of illness of the lecturer/speaker.
(11) The Etech-Akademie reserves the right to exclude customers from the events in exceptional cases and for important reasons – in these cases the registration does not lead to a contract with the Etech-Akademie.
§3. Duration of the contract, cancellation and withdrawal
(1) The contract begins with the sending of the registration confirmation and ends after the execution of the event on the last day of the event.
(2) The Etech-Akademie reserves the right to cancel events up to 7 days prior to the start of the event if not enough participants have registered for the event. The minimum number of participants is usually 5 persons.
(3) Events can also be cancelled if the reasons are not the responsibility of the Etech-Akademie (e.g. illness of speakers). In case of cancellation, the participation fees will be refunded to the customer in full. Further costs of the customer (especially costs for cancellation of travel and accommodation) will not be covered.
(4) The customer can name a substitute participant free of charge up to 1 day before the start of the event (by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org).
(5) The customer can cancel the contract by a written declaration (e.g. by e-mail to email@example.com). The cancellation conditions are regulated as follows:
(6) Cancellation (withdrawal) of the contract is free of charge until 14 days before the start of the event at the latest.
(7) In case of cancellation (withdrawal) of the contract, from 13 days before the start of the event, the full participation fee is due.
(9) The date of receipt of the cancellation by Etech-Akademie is decisive for the cancellation date.
(10) A refund of the participation fee will only be made by bank transfer, regardless of the payment method of the customer’s original transaction.
§4. Right of withdrawal
(1) If you are a consumer according to § 13 BGB, you have the following right of withdrawal:
Right of withdrawal:
You have the right to revoke this contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The revocation period is 14 days from the day of the conclusion of the contract. To exercise your right of withdrawal, you must inform us (Etech-Akademie GmbH, Stockholmer Platz 1, 70173 Stuttgart, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org) of your decision to withdraw from this contract by means of a clear declaration (e.g. e-mail or a letter sent by post). You can use the following model withdrawal form for this purpose, which is, however, not mandatory. To comply with the withdrawal period, it is sufficient that you send the notification of exercise of the right of withdrawal before the expiry of the withdrawal period.
Sample cancellation form:
To: Etech-Akademie GmbH, Stockholmer Platz 1, 70173 Stuttgart, Germany.
2) I/we hereby revoke the contract concluded by me/us for participation in the following event:
(name, date and place of the event, order confirmation number and price, if applicable)
- ordered on:
- name and address of the consumer
- date and signature of the consumer (in case of postal withdrawal):
Consequences of revocation:
If you revoke this contract, we shall reimburse you all payments we have received from you, including delivery costs (with the exception of additional costs resulting from the fact that you have chosen a type of delivery other than the cheapest standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and at the latest within 14 days from the day on which we received the notification of your revocation of this contract. For this repayment, we will use the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no case will you be charged any fees because of this repayment. If you have requested that the service should begin during the revocation period, you shall pay us a reasonable amount corresponding to the proportion of the services already provided up to that point in time at which you notify us of the exercise of the right of revocation with regard to this contract, compared to the total scope of the services provided for in the contract.
End of the cancellation policy
(2) We would like to point out to our customers that according to § 312g para. 2 item 9 BGB (German Civil Code) there is no legal right of revocation for events.
(3) If a right of objection is granted, it is a contractual right of revocation.
§5. Terms of payment
(1) Participation fees are to be paid without deduction upon receipt of the invoice (within the period stated in the invoice).
(2) If the customer is in default of payment, Etech-Akademie is entitled to terminate the contract extraordinarily.
§6. Discount Codes, Vouchers
(1) Discount codes / vouchers can be redeemed at www.etech-akademie.de, unless otherwise stated.
(2) Discount codes / vouchers are valid for all Etech-Akademie events (webinars, seminars, certificate courses), unless otherwise stated.
(3) Discount codes / vouchers are redeemable until the end of the following year after receipt of the discount code, unless otherwise stated.
(4) Discount codes / vouchers can only be redeemed prior to completion of the registration process. Subsequent offsetting is not possible.
(5) Only one discount code or one voucher can be redeemed per registration / order.
(6) Discount codes / vouchers are neither paid out in cash nor do they bear interest.
(7) Discount codes / vouchers are transferable, unless otherwise stated.
§7. Copyrights and data protection
(1) Event documents of the Etech-Akademie are protected by copyright. The event documents may not be duplicated, published or passed on to third parties in any other way. This also applies to the content and individual parts of the documents (including excerpts) – unless there is a written consent of the copyright holder (lecturer, speaker, or Etech-Akademie).
(2) The Etech-Akademie reserves the right to make recordings in the form of photos and videos at events and to use these for advertising purposes. If participants are recognizable on them, they will be made unrecognizable.
(3) The customer agrees that the personal data collected by Etech-Akademie may be used for the execution of the contract as well as for advertising purposes (e.g. newsletter).
(5) The customer may object to the use of personal data for the purpose of advertising at any time, free of charge and without stating reasons (e.g. by e-mail to: email@example.com).
(6) In order to carry out the event, the following personal data will be forwarded to the lecturer/speaker, if required: Name and company
(1) The liability of the Etech-Akademie is excluded for any claims for damages and application compensation, the customer, regardless of the legal basis.
(2) Exclusion of liability does not apply to damages resulting from culpable injury to life, limb or health, as well as in cases of damage caused by intent or gross negligence of Etech-Akademie, its legal representatives, employees or agents.
(3) Exclusion of liability does not exist for liability according to the product liability law.
(4) In the case of violations of essential contractual obligations („cardinal obligations“), the liability of Etech-Akademie shall be limited to the compensation of the foreseeable damage typical for this type of contract, but not more than 500.00€ (five hundred euros) per case of damage.
(5) If the liability is limited or excluded according to the preceding clauses, the same applies to the legal representatives, employees and vicarious agents of Etech-Akademie.
§9. Final provisions
(1) Contracts are subject to German law. The UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods as well as international private law are excluded.
(2) Changes, additions as well as subsidiary agreements require the written form.
(3) Should one or more provisions of these General Terms and Conditions be or become invalid in whole or in part, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. In this case, the ineffective provision shall be replaced by another effective provision on the basis of which the purpose pursued by the contracting parties is largely realized.
§10. Out-of-court dispute resolution
(1) We refer to the online platform of the European Commission for online dispute resolution. You can reach this via the following external link: www.ec.eruopa.eu/consumers/odr.
(2) Etech-Akademie is not obliged to participate in a dispute resolution procedure and does not participate in such a dispute resolution procedure.